Thursday, April 12, 2007

What if ...

What happens if we turn out to be good for each other?
What happens if we really like each other's company?
What happens if we become close to one another?
What happens if the fairytale comes true?

What happens if we decide that we really don't like each other?
What happens if we meet other people along the way?
What happens if we drift further and further apart?
What happens if the story just ends?

Jealously, I guard this flame.
Shielding it's tiny life from the howling winds all around.
Breathing so carefully, watching it grow.
Brighter at first, then dim, then bright again.

This tiny flame that we created.
That's right, I did say "we".
I feel her energy, her warmth beside me.
Helping to keep the dream alive.

This is good.
I deserve this.
She gives as well as she receives.
I accept.

The dance continues...

No comments: