Friday, April 6, 2007

My sweet dream

Day 12.

She called last night.
In the middle of a dream, I picked up the phone and heard her voice on the other end.

Her: Are you okay? I was worried about you.
Me: I'm doing better, much better. No worries.
Her: And your hand? Is your hand all right?
Me: Yes, it looks like it's going to be fine.

Her: Oh - it's late - I woke you up. I'm sorry.

Me: Don't be sorry - I love the sound of your voice.
Me: How can I know that I'm not still dreaming?

Her: Maybe you are.
Her: I should let you get back to sleep.

Me: Will you call me again?
Her: No.
Me: Then this is a bad dream.
Her: Okay, I might call again.
Me: Then this is a good dream.

She hangs up.
I lay in the darkness and smile to myself, the echo of her voice still fresh in my mind.
I wish I could talk to her again. Tonight. Every night.

I think I am really falling for this woman.
Please don't wake me up.
I love this dream.

No comments: