Monday, April 9, 2007

The hardest part

Day 15.

Found a candidate for the at-home position. He looks like Satan, but I think he can do the job. Says he can't do everything I'm asking, but is willing to do the majority and will pay a portion of the rent to make up the difference. Seems like an honest guy. I'm going to sleep on it for a day or two, and if I don't get any other takers, I'll sign the deal.

Sometimes it feels like I own this town. I know the ups and downs, the ins and outs, and I've built up lots of good will over the years. I would really miss it if I had to leave, but as I told one of my employees today. "I would go to the ends of the Earth for the right woman. If she was an Eskimo, I'd find a parka. If she was a mermaid, I'd learn to scuba. If she lived on the moon, I'd buy a space-suit. Nothing in life is more important than finding the person that you are supposed to be with." {But how are you supposed to know?}

I have a confession to make. I've been cheating (smoking) for the last couple of days. I had been quit for several weeks, but for some reason the cravings have been hitting me hard lately. I know that I have to put them away, forever. I'm hoping that my new roommate (Satan) can help with that.

I wish I could see her again. Every day without her feels like a trip around the sun. It seems like six months but it's only been 15 days. How will I survive? Do I really have to wait a year?

Spent time over the weekend with family and friends. My StarGate friends had a little get-together on Saturday, talked about the upcoming convention. Then went to a birthday party (for my nephew's son), which got combined with Easter into a hybrid Easter-Birth-Egg-Day (wierd). Overall, it was a good weekend - a lot less busy than most weekends this year. Got to catch up on some reading and got some extra sleep, which always feels good.

She called this weekend! Unfortunately, my cell-phone was shut off, because my son and I were at the movies watching "Grind House" (the latest Quentin Tarantino film). Of course, the violence was excessive, but the characters were awesome, the stories were interesting, and the style was really cool. I'd say this flick is definitelyworth seeing if you're a Tarantino fan (or if you're into zombie flix).

I hope Satan moves in soon; I'm bored.

No comments: