Monday, July 16, 2007

Sittin' by the dock of the bay

Went down to the lake yesterday. It was right after sundown, and the beach was empty. I've always felt at peace around water. I love to hear the waves lapping at the shore; I love to see the lights bouncing over the water. I love the smell of the air. It felt good. The days have been pretty hot lately (between 35 and 40 C), but the nights are still pleasant - especially when the wind blows across the water. Mental note to spend more time there.

I've been missing good conversation recently. My closest colleague at work left for another job, Adam bought a house and has been sleeping there for the last week, and Angel has been too busy to call for almost two weeks. That's three people who used to converse with me on a very frequent basis, and all have suddenly gone missing. <sniff>

Got to spend some time with Steven, though. We're currently exploring the world of "Half Life 2", and that's been pretty fun. (Let's face it, he likes to play computer games more than he likes to do anything else, so if I really want to spend some quality time with him, I sometime have to get down to his level). Speaking of which, have you ever heard of the Llama song? (We watched it about 20 times before we found the backwards version, which is even more strange!) Okay, one more for the 18 and over crowd: the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles song - backwards! <too funny>

Adam's absence over the last week has been both a blessing and a curse. I like having the house to myself, but I wish he was here to help me with my workouts, and as I mentioned earlier, I kinda miss the morning conversations during the morning run. I've been lazy the past week - only worked out 3 times the whole week (hard to stay motivated with everything going on around me).

Got another trinket for Angel. {I can't help myself - I see something nice, and I want to get it for her. Maybe I'm just too old-fashioned for this world. Dying breed - literally.}

<sigh> I miss her voice. She wrote a nice email message, and I should be happy with that, but I still miss her voice. Why do I miss her voice? I wish I didn't. I wish I could be strong and independent and not care -if- or when she calls again. I'm not strong in that way. I wish I was, but I am not. I can be strong in other situations and with other people, but not with her. I don't know why.

I'm going to spend more time at the lake. Maybe the waves will tell me the answer.

No comments: