Friday, March 30, 2007

I've got mail

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.  <...Jack London's Tales of Adventure...>

Day five.

Worked until after midnight last night (playing catch-up after the vacation). Decided to check personal email before I went to bed and was pleasantly surprised to find three new messages from HER. What a nice way to end a very long day!

Today was payday (cash is nice); I spent everything I had on the trip, so it was a relief to be able to *finally* afford some comfort food. Junk food du-jour: Double-cheeseburger with bacon. // Guilty pleasure.

Started working on a new song last night. Can't tell you what it is yet, but if it sounds okay after I record it, I might post it here.

Woody will be coming over tomorrow to help with the house. // I look around and try to imagine what SHE would think if she were here. It takes only a few moments to decide that I really want to change EVERYTHING. Maybe I could rent out the extra room to an interior decorator? Then, instead of charging rent, I could have them work on various projects. // Don't get me wrong; the house is fine, but I've got bigger plans; I want it to be beautiful. // Daydream about what her house might look like; in my imagination, it's perfect.

Interview a woman for the new position at work. Things go well. Spend the rest of the day catching up on email. It's been a very busy week.

No comments: