Thursday, December 13, 2007

Ode to Angel

In the beginning, God sent an angel.

She melted through my defenses, one by one, until I was breathing again.
I suppose it was only natural for me to fall hopelessly in love with her.
If for no other reason, than out of sincere and heartfelt gratitude.
She noticed me; listened to me; accepted me, like nobody else ever had.
And though I really did try - in my feeble way - to win her heart,
I came at long last to understand and accept the truth about angels:
that they are never meant to be captured or owned; it simply isn't possible.
You just have to appreciate them as they are (and Angel - - I really do).

I will always be thankful for the joy she brought into my world.
She has earned my trust and my friendship for as long as we both live.
There are memories there, that time will never erase.

Thank you, Angel, for your patience, courage, and honesty.
Thank you, Angel, for seeing more in me than I could see in myself.
Thank you, Angel, for bringing me back down to Earth - - gently.
And thank you, for being my friend.

No comments: