Sunday, September 9, 2007

Got a feel for my automobile

Last week, I discovered that the "new" car I had picked out earlier in the week was too old to qualify for financing. Therefore, I had to take it back to the dealer and get my money back. (They were actually pretty nice about the whole affair, so no complaints here). Since I don't have an extra $4,000 in cash lying around, my choices were to try and find a really cheap car ($500 or so), or to get a newer car so I could get a bank loan to pay for it. Within a few hours, I found the perfect car for me (for now). It's quite a bit newer than the other one (this one is a 2006 model), and the price was right for my budget (about $200 per month). It's a little conservative, which is fine for business purposes, but it also has a sporty side, and more than a few "James Bond" type surprises. I've been driving it for a few days now, and I love it. I don't usually care much for cars (I use them and abuse them, and I don't care what they look like). But this is the sort of car that I could take on a date and not have the woman be afraid of riding in it. I see it as a positive step-up, despite the fact that I'm going to be making payments on it for several years (long term financial commitment = ickky thing that I usually try to avoid). In this case, I think it's worth it.

No comments: