Thursday, October 23, 2008

Twilight Fading

It's getting darker now.
Each day the sun sets quicker.
Cold seeps into my bones.

And just when I think it's time to hibernate,
Angel sends an annoying birthday card,
Eve lets me know that she misses me.

The candle in the corner flickers for a moment,
All of a sudden, I remember feeling love,
and it warms my soul.

Yes, I am invisible now, but that won't last forever.
One way or another, I will rejoin the land of real people.
I will not return to my ice cave. Not this time.

We're filming again this weekend.
Too bloody early to be awake on a Saturday.
Fortune and fame, that's what it's about.

The hornets will be there.
I'm on a hair trigger lately.
They better just stick to the script.

Whining doesn't suit me; I want out of this funk.
Think I'll drink a bit tomorrow night.
Trying to remember, trying to forget.

-sigh-

No comments: