Friday, April 11, 2008

I commit myself

I commit myself to trying to make this relationship work - - forever.

I will do everything in my power to make this wonderful for both of us.

If we encounter problems, I will be the first to take responsibility, the first to make changes in myself, and the first to forgive.

As often as possible, I will let her know how much I adore her: I will never hesitate to tell her how beautiful, smart, talented, funny, charming, mischevious and caring she really is.

I will do my best to anticipate her needs and wants; I will be observant about what she likes and doesn't like. I will listen - really listen - to the things she cares about.

I will confide my deepest fears and trust that she will not use that information to harm me, and I will carefully guard and respect every secret that she reveals to me.

I will give her as much freedom as I possibly can. I will not try to control her. She will make her make her own decisions in life, and I will honor her decisions, regardless of the potentail impact on me. I will support her and her decisions always.

I will do my best to be non-possessive. I will do my best to not be jealous or insecure. If I start to feel insecure or jealous, I will let her know how I feel, in a non-threatening, and non-blaming manner.

I will cherish her. I will protect her. I will love her for eternity.

And if one day, she decides that she needs to move on and leave me behind, I will not react with anger or manipulation. I will let her go in peace, with love. Though it would break my heart, I will put her needs above my own.

Regardless of how this turns out, I will continue to love her, forever.

 

No comments: