Thursday, June 28, 2007

Family reunion 1of4

Okay, so last week I was eating a cup of jello & fruit (only 80 calories per serving!), and I got a call from my mother. She told me that her side of the family was having a last-minute, "emergency" family reunion in Dallas, Texas.

Normally, I try to avoid any sort of last-minute family event, because they never seem to turn out quite right, but in this case, I decided to throw caution to the wind and try to make it.

The last-minute airline tickets were VERY expensive ($500 each for Steven and I), and there are certainly other things that I should be spending my money on, but again, I decided to take the risk and go anyway.

On top of all that, I knew that I needed to work at least one day over the weekend, so the best I could do would be to fly down Saturday around noon, and then fly back the next morning. Still, even then, something told me that this was the right thing to do.

<continued ... here ...>

No comments: